The conference takes place from 9am-5pm (with optional mindfulness from 8am) at the Pavilion Centre in Wadebridge in Cornwall (PL27 7JE).
The event is open to everyone eligible for full or associate BSLM membership: bslm.org.uk/join/
Early Bird tickets until 28.2.2020
BSLM members : £25
Non-BSLM members: £30
Optional Mindfulness: £2 (30 spaces total)
Regular tickets from 1.3.2020
BSLM members : £30
Non-BSLM members: £35
Limited number (5) of student tickets for BSLM student members: Bring your own lunch: £10 & Incl lunch: £20
Limited number (15) of bring your own lunch tickets for those with limited income: £20
Lunch will be a wholesome, delicious, satisfying plant-based (and gluten-free) meal by Fee's Food - Choice between Cauliflower and Cashew Curry or Sweet Potato and Puy Lentil Dahl with wholemeal Basmati rice. (Please let me know if you have any allergies Anna.Huette@nhs.net)
- Dr Caroline Court consultant in public health with the remit for wider determinants of health which includes planning, health and climate change with a talk on the link between climate and our health.
- Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Alan Desmond who will be discussing the role of a wholefood plant-based diet and plant-based dietary treatment for treating many chronic disorders. plantbaseddoctors.org/alan-desmond
- Katie is a writer, Health Science lecturer, photographer and all year-round open water swimmer and will be sharing her personal story and wonderful short-film 'Tonic of the Sea' tonicofthesea.co.uk/
- Movement coach, TEDx speaker and founder of Primal Play Darryl Edwards who will be leading a session exploring the joy and science of practical, primal and playful movement. primalplay.com
- In the afternoon there will be opportunity to learn about projects & progress within our Special Interest Groups (list below*) followed by time for peer learning and reflection with the aim to further develop local projects and solutions to common issues with the overall vision to continue spreading Lifestyle Medicine across Cornwall and the UK.
- It will be a real practical day exploring what is already available in Cornwall for us and our patients and I am really pleased that Man down Cornwall, Volunteer Cornwall, The Wave Project and Healthy Cornwall will be presenting
- Also on the agenda are an optional mindfulness session as well as afternoon walk.